Friday, April 26, 2013

Kid's Calendar

I don't know about you, but the little guy always seems to be asking me when we're doing xyz activity coming up, or when is his birthday, or when is Christmas or Easter or whatever.

So, I finally took a minute and sat down with him and made a calendar.

You can download my master here.

I just write in little numbers in the top corner of each day to keep my head on straight. Then he and I sit down and together we draw little symbols on special days, and even regular-type days.

Types of days we put on his calendar:
  • Birthdays/birthday parties (with the little guy's birthday coming up, we marked the day of his party, as well as the actual day of his birthday)
  • Holidays
  • Vacations/trips (not that we do this often)
  • Preschool days (even though it's preschool here at home)
  • Days we will have visitors (including when the cousins come over to play)
  • Library days
  • Days we visit Grandma's house
 We then put it up on the fridge. He has had a lot of fun telling anyone nearby how many days are left until... whatever. We have a small magnet that he uses to mark which day is today, we just move it along as we go.





No comments:

Post a Comment