Friday, April 19, 2013

Children's Book Review: The Bubble Gum Kid

   
The Bubble Gum Kid
written by Stu Smith
illustrated by Julia Woolf
 published by Running Press Kids

This is the story of Billy Bob Glum who loves to chew gum. He comes up with a plan using his new bubble-blowing skills to teach Double Chin Dan, the bully, a lesson. Written in rhyming text.

The Little Guy's Impression
As per the usual, this was his favorite. He told me that it's his favorite this week because of "the funny parts."

Mom's Impression
While I'm not certain that I'd consider this one of my all-time favorites, or even near it. It was still a lot of fun to read. I'm not always a big fan of rhyming text because it often feels forced, but this one wasn't bad. I'd say there were only one or two parts that felt a little awkward, like they were thrown in just for the purpose of the rhyme. Otherwise a fun book with fun pictures. At least there's a good storyline. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment