Thursday, April 4, 2013

B Week Activities




For some reason, this became quite the week of activities. We just had lots and lots to do!

My favorite aspect of this week was that I pretty much used only things we already had around the house.

One thing, though, is that throughout all of these activities I take the opportunity to remind the little guy about the letter B... So, as obnoxious as it might sound, every time we'd say "balloon" or "baseball," for example, I would pronounce it "buh-buh-balloon," or "buh-buh-baseball."



Balloon Baseball


Supplies: 
Balloon
Some long stick or toy or whatever

The stick we used (pictured below) was some little "groaning tube" thingy that we had bought the little guy at Walmart for $1 awhile back. He calls it his "bat," so that worked with the whole B theme as well.



Inflate the balloon. Hit it with the stick (bat). (I just used my hand, the little guy used the "bat.")



Our main kitchen/dining/living room area has ample room for the little guy to stand on one side of the couch, with me on the other side hitting back and forth. We played a game of "don't let the balloon touch the ground."


Bouncy House


Maybe it's cheating a little, since this wasn't exactly a home activity, but we took a trip to a nearby bouncy house. This one was extra special activity for us, because we got to go with all of the nieces and nephews. My sweet Momma found us a good deal, we ended up getting our little ones in for $5 a piece, and all of the adults jumped for free. What made it even greater, was that we were the only ones in the whole place.

At-Home Bowling

Supplies:
Empty baby snack tube containers
Medium-sized ball

Again, this is not very complicated. (Let's get real - very few things I do are complicated.) If I were more creative, and had more time, I probably would have done something cute to the snack containers, or at least I might have removed the wrappers. Maybe another day. Anyhow, just arrange the snack containers in a pyramid, take a few steps back, and roll that ball into them!


 
TIP:  Keep 'em! I found a random spot for these materials in the bottom of my pantry (right next to our indoor bowling lane). Every once in awhile when the little guy is looking for something to do, this is a fun option, especially since he can set the "pins" up by himself. Great entertainment when Momma's busy.




"Bullets"

Supplies:
Dart gun, such as Nerf
Darts with suction cup tips ("Bullets")

This one, as I mentioned before, worked out because we already had these "supplies" (AKA toys). For this, I drew a simple target, covered it with clear packing tape (creating a surface the suction cup bullets will stick to) and hung it on the wall. Then, we each took turns shooting at the homemade target from the other side of the room. It was fun to see how terrible I am at hitting a target.

I suppose if you don't have suction cup bullets, you can still play the other variation of this game we play with Dad when he's home. That game is called Shoot-Each-Other-as-Much-as-Possible. We have two rules with this game: no shooting the baby, and no shooting in the face. (We try to keep both eyes intact over here.)



We love B-B-B-Bodacious Bs!

No comments:

Post a Comment