Wednesday, April 3, 2013

B Week




On to the letter B.

Here are the basic teaching tools I've used. I'll post the fun activities on another post. 









Visual Recognition


Coloring Page



 
Once colored, we taped it to the wall next to our letter A from last week. I think we'll try building our own alphabet.


To download a copy of this document, click here.

Verbal Recognition

We have added to our little song, and now alternate between A and B.

What sound does a B make?
Buh, buh, buh!
What sound does a B make?Buh, buh, buh!

What sound does an A make?
A, a, a!
What sound does an A make?A, a, a!

Coloring Activity

Here is our coloring page of B words. To download a copy of this document, click here.


Writing

We didn't do anything new or creative with writing the letter B this week. Just took our Mead Raised Ruling tablet and traced big Bs and little Bs, then let him draw his own. 



I did, however, have to stay right by him the whole time to make sure he followed the correct order and pattern when forming the letters.

 

Hooray for B-B-B-BEAUTIFUL Bs!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am not a teacher so the hardest part is knowing where to start and finding material that my child can relate to. This helps!

    ReplyDelete